QUESTIONS FOR A SOBER HOUSE
The following are a list of questions that we hope will help families navigate the confusing world of sober living.
• How many community meetings do you have a week?
We have two community meetings a week with all staff and residents.
• Is there always a staff member at the facility? And, if there is always a staff member there, are they required to be awake on all shifts?
Seaside House is amply staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Yes, our staff is awake, and able to address any issues or needs that may arise..
• What treatment centers do you work with, and can I have a name of someone there to speak with about your facility?
Seaside House works with the most highly respected treatment programs in the area.
• Do you have any alumni family members that would speak to us about their experience at your facility?
Certainly, please call our office to arrange a phone conversation.
• How often do you drug test residents? How do you bill that?
Seaside House conducts drug tests daily, at no additional charge.
• Do you provide transportation?
Yes, providing transportation is an important part of the Seaside House program.
• Do you provide academic/vocational support for the men there?
Absolutely! Our goal is to work with all residents in finding suitable employment or educational path to prepare them for life after Seaside House.
• Do the residents do any staff supported outings there?
Seaside House staff, alumni, and current residents enjoy frequent amazing, and diverse outing experiences.
• How do I get in contact with the staff on shift in case of an emergency?
With the admissions process, you will be given all necessary information.